Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains


Hello Everyone. Today's post is going to be a product review. Actually, it should be more of a product rave. The product that I am talking about is the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains. 

According to Revlon's website these lip products are supposed to add " a new level of glossy, wet color." These Products result in "Saturated lips with brilliant shine and vivid color." There website also states that these lip products come in "12 Luscious shades". 

I would have to say that I agree with all of these claims. All four of the colors that I have of this lip product do drench my lips in rich color. I also feel that they are all true to the colors that they appear to be. I also agree with the "brilliant shine" claim. I love the shine that these products give my lips. I feel like this lip product is the perfect hybrid of a lipstick and lip gloss. With these lip products you can get the color intesity of a lipstick and then of course the shine of a lip gloss, and all of this comes wrapped up into one product. This fact saves me the hassle of having to carry around with me two lip products as opposed to one. As for the consistency,these lip products are just the right amount of stickiness where they have enough grip to stay on your lips, but yet they also do not get your hair stuck in them (we all know those windy days that I'm talking about), 

So now we shall move onto the colors that I have. 




The colors:


  • 005 Parisian Passion is a beautiful plum/burgundy color. This color is opaque with one swipe across the lips. This color I think is gorgeous for the fall/winter seasons.  
  • 001 India Intrigue is a really beautiful pink/purple shade. This color does take a couple swipes across the lips to reach the full opacity. This color I believe could work for both the fall and spring seasons as a transition lip shade either into darker lip colors or into brighter lip colors. 
  • 015 Barcelona Nights is a rich pinky red color. This color is opaque with one swipe across the lips. This color I believe is gorgeous for any time of the year. 
  • 020 Rio Rush is a bright, hot pink color. This color is opaque with one swipe across the lips. I think this color will be great for the warm summer months. 

Now with that being said let's look at the swatches.

Left to Right:  020 Rio Rush, 015 Barcelona Nights, 001 India Intrigue, and 005 Parisian Passion.
As you can see these colors are all beautiful.


Now I would like to talk about the packaging. First of all, these lip products come in square packaging; I really like this. I think that this helps the product to stand out because most lip products that I have ever seen come in round or cylindrical packaging. I also think that this shape of packaging helps to store the products easier in my makeup drawer because they can stack much easier than a typical round lipstick can. 
The second part of this packaging is the color. I love how Revlon mixes black with the color of the certain shade. I think the black lids to these products help give them a classy and uniform look. The bottom half of the packaging is the color of the product inside. This is not a clear bottom with you seeing the product through it, but despite this I believe the plastic bottom matches what the actual colors of the products very well. I also like the design and color of this packaging because it helps me to be able to see the shade that I am reaching for instead of having to read a small label on the bottom of a completely black lipstick tube. 
As for the applicator to this packaging, I also like it. The wand for this product is sort of a pointed cone shape. This shape is very helpful for being very precise with the application of this product, which is helpful since all of these colors are very bright. The center of the wand has a small dip which helps to catch just the right amount of product for the perfect application to the lips. 

If you can not tell, I am in love with these lip products. I think they are a great product from the drugstore. I would recommend if you are going to only buy one to shop at somewhere such as Target or Walmart, but if you are going to purchase more than one I would check out Walgreens or CVS simply because these brands are usually on sale buy one get one 50 % off. 

I love all of the colors, but my absolute favorite from the bunch that I have is 015 Barcelona Nights. As it gets closer to the Spring and Summer time, I plan to try more of the coral/orange shades from this line. I hope you all enjoyed this review and I highly recommend checking out this product the next time you are looking for a new lip product. Until next time....

XOXO,
Kaitlyn 


2 comments:

  1. How often do you have to reapply it? I usually only wear chapstick but am trying to become more professional but don't always have time to check it in the mirror. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the glossy shine will last for about 1 to 2 hours after I have applied it if I am not drinking or eating a lot during that time. However, the color leaves a nice stain on my lips which lasts for most of the day and I like to reapply after lunch just to add back the glossy shine. I hope this helps. :)

      Delete