Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Battle of the Beauty: Dry Shampoo




Hello everyone. Sorry for not having a post on Monday. I was gone over the weekend and didn't return home until late Sunday night. But now we are back on schedule. :)

Today we are going to be doing a "Battle of the Beauty" over dry shampoos. I am simply going to review for you a couple of dry shampoos that I have tried and at the end I will let you know which one is my favorite. 


First up we have the Batiste Dry Shampoo. You can find this at most drugstores for around $6-$8. I recommend checking out your local T.J. Maxx though because I can often find them for a cheaper price and T.J. Maxx has a bigger selection of the scents. 

The scent that I have here is the cool and crisp fresh scent. I have however tried many of the other scents and they all smell good to me. The only time that I can smell the scent of this dry shampoo is when I first apply it to my hair. I do not smell it on my hair throughout the day or even the next morning after having worn it. 


Now for the packaging and the amount of product that Batiste gives you. The packaging is a typical aerosol spray can. The product sprays out as a white powder, but once you work it into your hair it disappears.

With the Batiste Dry Shampoo you get 6.73 fl. oz or 120 g. 


Also with the packaging on the Batiste bottle you get very well explained directions with pictures. These are very helpful if you are new to using dry shampoo. 

How I use this dry shampoo is first I will shake the bottle and then spray it on my roots. While I am doing this I hold it about 6 inches away from my head. I then let it sit on my roots for about 5 to 7 minutes. ( Don't be scared by the white hair you will have at this point.We will take care of it.) After it has sat on my hair for a few minutes I will then rub it into my scalp until it disappears and is no longer white. After this point I go on and style my hair as usual. 

I notice that when I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo, I cannot feel it in my hair. I can go about 2 to 3 days using this product. ( I reapply it every morning of those days just because my hair tends to get oily quickly.) By the third day is when I start to feel it in my hair, but by the third day I usually wash my hair again anyways. I notice that this dry shampoo always makes my hair look cleaner and not greasy. 


Next up we have the Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo. You can also find this dry shampoo at most drugstores. I do not remember how much I purchased mine for, but it was affordable. In fact, I believe it was around the $6 price that I can find the Batiste Dry Shampoo on sale for. 

The scent that I have of this product is the uplifting citrus scent. I do believe that this dry shampoo also comes in other scents, but I have not tried them. This scent when I first sprayed the product was very strong and I did continue to smell in on my hair throughout the day. It does have a nice fruity citrus smell. 


Now for the packaging and the amount of product that you get with Herbal Essences. This packaging is also the typical aerosol spray can. This product sprays out of the bottle clear. 

With Herbal Essences you get 4.9 oz or 140 g. 


With this packaging there are no pictures to go along with the directions. I do like how the company is a little sassy with how bluntly they tell you to apply this product. 

I use this dry shampoo the same way that I use the Batiste. I start by shaking the bottle and then applying it to the roots of my hair. I then let it sit on my hair for about 5 to 7 minutes. The only difference with this product is that it does not really have a color on the hair; in fact it might have a small whitish tint to it but it is no where near as white as the Batiste Dry Shampoo. After the few minutes have went by, I then rub this product into my scalp and then style my hair as usual. 

When I use the Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo I can feel it in my hair instantly. Even if you shake up the bottle it sprays out and almost leaves your hair feeling wet. It is almost like when you spray too much hairspray and it leaves your hair looking dirty. When I go to rub this product in it also makes my hair feel really sticky, which defeats the whole purpose because once you spray this in your hair you will definitely have to wash your hair that night or the next morning. 


As you probably can tell the winner of this battle is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. When I can find the Batiste Dry Shampoo on sale it is the same price of the Herbal Essences, but if I cannot find it on sale I  do not care to purchase it full price for a few dollars more. The Batiste Dry Shampoo is one of my holy grail hair products. It is one product that I always have to have a backup in my medicine cabinet. If you want to train your hair and be able to go a few days without washing it, but you do not want it to look dirty or greasy I would highly recommend trying out this product. 

Well I hope you all enjoyed this "Battle of the Beauty". If you have any requests for more battles please leave your suggestion either in the comments or send me an email to KatchingUpWithKaitlyn@gmail.com. Until next time.....

XOXO,
Kaitlyn

8 comments:

  1. How long did it take you to train your hair to go several days between washing? I would love to be able to do that! My problem has always been the feeling that I need to wash every day but I am goin to get the winner of this battle and try it this week!

    I'd love a battle of face/makeup remover wipes! Really am enjoying your thoughts and opinions! Keep the blogs coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me about 2 weeks to train my hair. I would suggest picking a couple weeks that you know that you do not have anything important planned. The first day I start by washing my hair as normal, but then the next couple days I do not wash it or use the dry shampoo ( at first you want to try and wait as long as you can before using the dry shampoo). After 2 or 3 days of not washing my hair I then wash it again. Then the next week I go a few days without washing it and I use the dry shampoo on the last day before I wash it again. By then my hair was not producing much oil so I was able to start using the dry shampoo the way that I said I do in the post. I hope this helped and I hope you like the Batiste dry shampoo as much as I do. :) Also great suggestion. I will look into different makeup removers. Thankx for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. On the days where you use your dry shampoo do you use your regular styling products?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do. I apply my dry shampoo before I brush my teeth and clean my face in the morning and let it sit in my hair while I do these things. Then I rub it into my scalp and I usually use a heat protect-ant and hairspray. :) Thankx for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this product work on all hair types? I have curly hair and just need something to apply right at my roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it would. You would just have to make sure that you rub it into your roots good. Hope this helped. Thankx for reading. :)

      Delete
  5. Does this product leave build up on your hair? I have somewhat oily hair and am curious how this product would do because I totally want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually get through two days of using the Batiste dry shampoo before it feels like it is building up in my hair. Sometimes I can get through three days before it gets built up. Hope this helps. Thankx for reading. :)

      Delete