Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Product Review: Ulta Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette


Hello everyone.Today's post is going to be a product review over the Ulta Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette. You can purchase this product from Ulta for $20.  

This palette comes with 12 eyeshadows. There is a good selection of mattes and shimmers. I also feel like there is a good selection of light, medium, and dark colors so you are really able to get a wide range of different looks with this palette. I think these eyeshadows are very creamy and pigmented. To be honest I have tried a few of Ulta's single eyeshadows before and was not very impressed, so I did not have very high hopes for this palette. Boy was I surprised; I really like this palette and have been using it consistently for the past few weeks. 

Now let's jump into the packaging. 


The 12 eyeshadows are split into two rows of six eyeshadows. They are also divided by their formula. The six shimmer eyeshadows are on the top row while the six matte shadows are on the bottom row. 




I think this palette has a really compact and sleek packaging. It is a basic black cardboard material type of packaging. This palette feels very nicely made and sturdy. I also think that the thickness of this palette is a nice size; it does not take up a lot of  space in my makeup drawer. 



This palette also comes with a really nice eyeshadow brush. The bristles are soft, but it still picks up the eyeshadow well and it also applies the color nicely. This brush has made me want to try more of Ulta's makeup brushes. 


Now let's look more at the colors in this palette.


Like I said before this palette comes with 12 eyeshadows. Six of them are shimmers and are located in the top row; the other six shadows are matte and are in the bottom row of the palette. I think these shadows have a smooth finish to them. They are very creamy and pigmented. I have not noticed much fall-out with them on my eyes. 

Now for the swatches!


The top row.
The colors from left to right.

  • Champagne: This color is a gorgeous shimmery champagne color. I love this color on the lids.
  • Pink: This color is a  pretty shimmery baby pink. I also really love this color on the  lids. 
  • Hopeless Romantic: This color is a  pretty shimmery mauve. I think it looks good on both the lids as well as in the crease. 
  • Chandelier: This color is a  pretty shimmery/bronzy gold. I think this color could be beautiful in the summer on both the lids and in the crease. 
  • Luxe: This color is a really pretty cool brown. It is one that I would say is in between a matte and a shimmer. 
  • Dahlia: This color is a really pretty dark plum color. This color in the pan does have some glitter in it, but once it is applied to the eye is is more of a hybrid color much like luxe is.



The bottom row.
The colors from left to right. 

  • Prosecco: This  is a really pretty matte cream color. It makes both a pretty highlight shade or even a lid shade if you want more of a natural look.
  • Bubbles: This  is a  pretty matte baby pink color. I think this color is prettiest on the lids. 
  • Breathless:  This  a matte mauve color. This color in the crease paired with Hopeless Romantic on the lid would be a gorgeous combo.
  • Dessert:  This color is a really nice matte medium brown shade. This shade works really well as crease blending color. 
  • Sweetheart: This color is a dark matte brown. It works good as both  a pretty outer v shade or as an eyeliner.
  • Orchid: This color is a really pretty matte grey/cool brown color. I think it would pair well with Luxe in the crease. 
Here is a quick everyday look that I have been wearing with this palette. 


Step 1:
 I started with applying Champagne to my lid and inner corner. 


Step 2: 
 Next I applied Breathless into my crease.


Step 3:
Then I applied Dessert to my outer v, Prosecco  to my brow bone, and mixed Breathless with Dessert and applied those to my lower lash line. 


Step 4:
Lastly I applied some brown eyeliner to my upper and lower lash lines and also applied two coats of my favorite mascara. 

 

And here is the finished look.

Overall, I would highly recommend this eyeshadow palette. I think it was good quality and also a good price. It has a very nice formula for the eyeshadows and very sleek packaging. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you have any questions or comments leave a comment down below or send me an email to KatchingUpWithKaitlyn@gmail.com
I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend and I will talk to you all again on Tuesday. :) Until next time.....

XOXO,
Kaitlyn



6 comments:

  1. I love these shades! What is your favorite mascara?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite mascara is Maybelline Lots of Lashes in brownish black. Thankx for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Your eyelashes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use an eye lid primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. As of right now my favorite is the Lorac behind the scenes eye primer. Thankx for reading. :)

      Delete