Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DIY Pinterest Inspiration: How to Decorate Your Keys

                             

Hello Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you all this interesting idea that I saw on Pinterest. The only things that I needed for this craft were my keys and one of my favorite decorating tools........

WASHI TAPE!!


I'm sure that I can't be the only one with this problem; I have several of the same looking types of house keys but they all are for different doors/houses. For example, I have my house keys, which are also for different doors at the house and then I also have a key to my grandmother's house. When I first put all my keys on my key ring, I did place them in a certain order so that I could remember which key was which. But over time, my keys got jumbled up and I was not sure which was which so I would have to try each one when trying to unlock the door. 

What could be a possible solution to this problem?

Well,  I was sent a pin with the idea to use washi tape to decorate and differentiate your keys. So the first thing that I did was get my keys and pick which washi tapes I wanted to use. 


I had four keys that I needed to decorate. I decided to use coordinating washi tapes also. 
What I did to decorate my keys was to simply wrap the washi tape around my keys. Around the tops of the keys I used scissors to trim and shape the washi tape. I also put a couple layers of tape around each key due to the fact that some of the washi tape was sheer and I could still see the key thru the first layer of tape. To do this craft, it was really simple and it was rather quick also.

Here is what my keys looked like afterwards...


Overall, my washi tape wrapping wasn't perfect, but I do think that my keys came out looking really cute. And now I can remember which key goes to which lock easier. And another great thing about this craft; the washi tape can easily be removed if I get tired of this tape and I want to put a different designed washi tape on my keys. 

I also think that they added a cute flare to my key chain. :) 



I hope you all enjoyed this post and try this easy craft out on your own keys.
Thanks for reading and until next time.....

XOXO
Kaitlyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment