Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Product Empties: June 2015



Hello Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you all some of the most recent beauty products that I have finished. I have split my empties up into several categories and I will share with you all the products that I either have or will repurchase in the future. I will also share with you some of the products that I would suggest skipping on your next beauty shopping trip. 

First up I have my empty hair products.



The products that will be repurchased by me will definitely include the Pureology Colour Fanatic 21. I used it in my damp hair before I would dry it. It did not weigh my hair down or make it greasy. It did make my hair incredibly soft and healthy looking. Another product or products that I have repurchased are the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner. These hair products are amazing. They also do not weigh my hair down or make it look greasy. They do however make my hair shiny and soft. They also smell like mint which is really refreshing. The last product that I do not need to repurchase because I have extra stocked in my bathroom cabinet is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. If you can not clearly tell my love for this product from the six empty bottles here is a link to another post of mine where I reviewed it and compared it against another drugstore dry shampoo; (Click Here). 

As for the rest of my empty hair products, none of them were horrible, but none of them were amazing either. As for the two different heat protectors that I used up, I usually end up purchasing a different kind every time that I use one up. I will say however that the Nexxus Hairspray would have been a repurchase, but after I bought this bottle, I could never find it again. 

Now for the home products that I used up.



  • Bath and Body Works candles in SMILE pink lemonade punch and Sparkling Berry Fizz. 
I love Bath and Body Works candles. If you just went out and purchased them they can be expensive, but when there is a sale or coupons, you can get them for a good deal. They tend to last a long time for me, even when I burn them 4 to 6 days of the week. I do not believe these fragrances are still available, but they always have new delicious smelling scents come out. I also have a few of these candles stored away from a really good sale. 

Next up is my fragrance empties. 


    I really love these perfumes also. The duo perfume I received a couple of years ago as a Christmas present and the two perfumes separately I picked up at Walmart the day after Christmas for a really good deal. They smell so fresh and fun. I will definitely repurchase these two perfume scents someday, but first I want to try her "Island Fantasy" perfume.  

Now for the makeup.


  • Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
  • Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
  • Essence All About Matte! Powder
  • Maybelline Great Last Lots of Lashes mascara (Click Here to Purchase
  • Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
My one repurchase from these empties is my Maybelline Lots of Lashes mascara. I have tried tons of mascaras and this is the only one that gives me the look that I want. I love the strangely shaped brush and the formula of this mascara. 

As for the other products; the setting spray was okay. I recently bought a cheaper alternative from L'Oreal to compare and see if it is a budget friendly dupe for the urban decay. The Maybelline face powder I would not recommend if you have really oily skin, which I tend to have. It does make your skin look nice after it is first applied, but you need to touch up quite a bit to keep your skin looking flawless. Also, I had the lightest shade, but it was still a bit too dark for my skin tone. The Essence matte powder also makes your skin look great after you first apply it, but throughout the day it does not keep your skin matte, which was the whole reason that I purchased it. Lastly, the Becca perfector did an okay job at helping my skin stay matte, but I do not think that I will purchase it (this tube was a free sample). 

My last category is skincare/body care.


  • Mud Pac anti stress mask
  • Equate Cocoa Butter Lotion
  • Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Lotion (Click Here to Purchase)
  • Tone Fruit Peel Exfoliation Body Wash (Click Here to Purchase)
  • Degree Motion Sense deodorant
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner, Cleanser, Lotion, and Oil (Click Here to Purchase)
  • True Blue mini paraffin hand lotion
  • Bath and Body Works Gingerbread Hand Cream
  • Bath and Body Works Cool Amazon Rain body wash 
  • The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry body butter (Click Here to Purchase
I really like both the Vaseline Cocoa lotion as well as The Body Shop body butters for all over body moisturizers. I apply them after I get out of the shower. I really like how they absorb into the skin and they do not leave a greasy film on your skin. They are also great at fulfilling their purpose, which is to moisturize. I have several bottles of these lotions both in my bathroom and bedroom. I really liked the Tone body wash and have since bought a new bottle, but in a different scent just because I like to switch the scents up. So far, I have also been enjoying it. The big standout from this group of empties is The Body Shop Tea Tree skincare set. I have a post that I want to write about this set soon, but *SPOILER ALERT* I really love this skincare. I would highly recommend it if you suffer from oily, red, and acne-prone skin. Keep checking back for my future post specifically about it. 

The other empties from this category are much like the hair care products. None of them were awful, but none of them amazed me either. 

Overall, I would say my favorite products that I used up from this bunch were my Pureology and Batiste hair products, my Bath and Body Works candles, my Britney Spears perfumes, my Maybelline mascara, my Vaseline and Body Shop lotions, my Tone body wash, and lastly my Body Shop Tea Tree Skincare. I would highly recommend all of these products, In fact, most of them I have already repurchased myself. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and that you might try and find some of your new favorite products from my recommendations. If you have any further questions about any of the products or if you have some great recommendations please leave them in a comment below or send them in an email to me at KatchingUpWithKaitlyn@gmail.com

Thanks for reading and until next time...
XOXO,
Kaitlyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment