Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Plan With Me: June 8-14, 2015





Hello Everyone! Today I thought I would share with you how I use my planner.
 I always use my planner during the school year, but now where I have my job and I'm trying to stay  on top with my blog, I need to use my planner throughout the summer also. I was also inspired to do this post and share with you all how I plan because I love to watch these types of videos on YouTube. I hope that this post inspires you to either start planning or if you already plan, I hope this gives you some ideas how to personalize and add pizzazz to your planner. 

First off, let's discuss my planner. I received this planner as a birthday gift last year and I have used it all throughout this past school year. Unfortunately, June is the last month of my planner, which makes me so sad because I love this planner so much. I love the cover design of this planner; it is also hardback which has helped it to stay nice looking. There is tons of space on the inside for writing (which you will see in a moment). This planner was also very budget friendly because it came from Walmart and was under $15.


So now that you all know some details about my planner, let me show you what supplies I tend to use to plan. 


This week I am going to use these four different pens from the brand Zebra I believe, These were a new purchase, but I must say they were very nice colored pens. I also pulled out four different rolls of washi tape, some small sticky notes, and some fun and cute stickers. 

So now that you know what I'll be using, let's start the planning. 



The first step that I did was with my washi tape. I used a fuchsia colored tape horizontally across the top and bottom of my weekly page layout. (BTW my planner starts with Monday on the top left space with Tuesday and Wednesday on that same page. The next page has Thursday, Friday, and then Saturday and Sunday beside each other at the bottom of the right page.) Next I used a striped washi tape (which has a stripe that matches the fuchsia tape) vertically on the two pages. Lastly, I took some decorative scotch tape ( which also matches my fuchsia tape) on Thursday to indicate that it is pay day for my job. 


During the second step of my planning I simply wrote in all of the things that I had to do this week. The picture above shows Monday thru Wednesday. Various things that I had to plan and schedule were my work schedule, basic chores that I need to complete, and errands that I needed to get done on Monday (which was my day off).  The picture below shows Thursday thru Sunday. These days also included things like my work schedule, chores, and also the yard sale that my family is having on Saturday. There was not a reason for labeling my certain tasks with the colored pens that I chose. I simply chose those colors because they also matched my washi tape color scheme. I also used a couple of matching sticky notes to plan chores that I want to get done on those certain days, but just in case I do not complete them on those days, I can move my sticky notes and try to complete those tasks on a different day. I decided not to use any of my cute stickers this week simply because I felt that they were not needed this week. 





Well that is how I schedule out my week in my planner. I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you would be interested in seeing a post like this maybe bi-weekly or monthly please let me know down in the comments. Also, if you have any other requests let me know down below. You can also always send me an email to: KatchingUpWithKaitlyn@gmail.com 

Thanks so much for reading and until next time
XOXO,
Kaitlyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment